1: Here is my current thinking on the the scheduling application: There should be at least one screen for basic data entry. Perhaps one for theater and town information, one for movies, actors, and directors, and one for pricing info. There should also b
Need help with my Mathematics question – I’m studying for my class.
1: Here is my current thinking on the the scheduling application:
There should be at least one screen for basic data entry. Perhaps one for theater and town information, one for movies, actors, and directors, and one for pricing info. There should also be a completely separate screen for creating showings.
Town and theaters:
- Towns should probably be added before theaters so the town a theater is in can be selected from a drop-down menu, reducing typing or spelling errors.
- Then theaters can be added with towns selected, along with address, phone number, and number of screens.
Movies, actors, and directors:
- Directors and actors should be added first so they can be selected instead of entered when adding movies.
- Then movies can be added by name, along with a director, rating, review, duration, and multiple actors.
- A set of price lists should be created and/or calculated based on the set of data in the Price table.
- Users will first need to select a theater (perhaps this would be built-in for each theater location, depending on who does scheduling for theaters).
- Then users will select a screen number and a time slot (date and time).
- A unique screening number will be assigned.
- The user will select movies to add to the screening, including the order of showing and the projectionist.
- I am assuming ticket counts will not be added through this application but will be updated as purchases are made through the public application.
- Problem: How will the application handle time slots? If the time ranges are split into 15 minute (or similar) increments, it could take up a number of increments calculated based on the start time of a showing and the durations of movies within that showing. Available time slots should be dynamically updated and subsequent entries restricted/validated to prevent conflicts.