common sentinel events
Review these most common sentinel events in healthcare TED talk on Transparency, Compassion, and Truth in Medical Errors. (Links to an external site.)
Most Common Healthcare Sentinel Events (2005-2016)
- Wrong patient, wrong site, wrong procedure
- Unintended retention of foreign body
- Delay in treatment
- Operative/postoperative complications
- Medication error
- Criminal event
- Perinatal death/injury
- Medical equipment related
(The Joint Commission, 2018)
questions, part 2
What could a risk manager do to prevent or minimize the risk of this sentinel event occurring again?
- If you were the manager supervising the shift on which this event occurred, what would your response have been to the situation?
- How can you prevent or minimize the risk, and how would you respond should the event occur despite your efforts? In what way might sentinel events and staffing be related?
- write in APA format 7 edition ,2 references .need in 14 hours.write in 250words