I’m working on a Law question and need guidance to help me study.
It is critical that professional emergency managers understand emergency management from a progressive perspective. Studying emergency management in this way leads emergency managers to examine homeland security issues in other nations, including their respective hazards, vulnerabilities, successes, and failures. Progressive examination of international emergency management also unveils the manner in which professionals in other nations incorporate the universal emergency management principles of preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery, which may or may not be labeled identically between nations.
Comparative Emergency Management: Understanding Disaster Policies, Organizations, and Initiatives from Around the World: Click on the link to Chapter 1 to open and read the word document. This article illustrates how the discipline of comparative politics may help increase our understanding of disasters in other countries as well as promote more effective emergency management institutions and practices domestically and abroad.
- In an essay of 3-4 pages compare and contrast emergency management in 2 countries other than the United States, such as Israel and Great Britain.
- You may select any two nations from the following list (some sites are located in the Unit Resources and MUSE):
- Great Britain
- Your essay should thoroughly address the following regarding the nations that you have chosen to examine:
- What do the policies address, and how are they developed? Explain.
- What training takes place with regard to emergency management?
- What tasks and functions are performed? Explain.
- What are the most significant challenges faced by the 2 countries? Explain.
- What emergency management operations have been successful? Why?
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.