Literature Review In Action (Registered Nurse)
In this assignment, you will create a presentation that reflects on your proposed problem of interest and explains the purpose of a literature review as it relates to this problem.
Step 1: Reflect on your proposed problem of interest.
Critically think about your research question or problem of interest.
Step 2: Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of conducting a literature review?
- What are the steps a nurse researcher would take to conduct a literature review?
- What would be the primary and secondary questions regarding the research question or problem of interest?
- Consider the importance of including sources with a variety of results when identifying sources pertaining to your proposed problem of interest.
Step 3: Consider who your audience might be if you were to deliver your presentation in person.
- What would you want them to know about this topic?
- What would you expect them to already know?
Step 4: Create a seven- to ten-slide presentation that summarizes the purpose of a literature review.
Explain the steps in conducting a literature review. In your presentation, describe how you would approach conducting a literature review pertaining to your problem of interest. Identify one primary question and one secondary question regarding the problem of interest.
Step 5: Review your presentation.
Ensure that you are using best practices for formatting slides.
- Include a title screen and summary screen.
- Avoid making slides too text heavy or dense with text. As a guideline, limit text on each slide to five bullet points of six words each.
- If using graphics, be sure that they are professional, reinforce your points, and are not used merely for decoration.
- Be sure to add what you would say if delivering the presentation to a live audience in the notes section of each slide.
Cite any sources in APA format.