Managed Care Pharmacy in Saudi Arabia
Managed Care in Saudi Arabia (105 points)
Managed care does exist in Saudi Arabia, but is not as prevalent as in other countries. Review Alomi, Y. A., Alghamdi, S. J., & Alattyh, R. A. (2017). Saudi Managed Care Pharmacy (SMCP): New initiative system of MOH prescriptions dispensed through community pharmacies. Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Community Medicine, 3(3), 145-53. Retrieved from http://www.jppcm.org/sites/default/files/10.5530jp…
Submit a paper analyzing the managed care use of pharmaceuticals in Saudi Arabia. Be sure to include the following items:
- The goals of the program;
- Benefits & disadvantages of managed care pharmacy;
- How this program compares to other managed care programs;
- Impact of managed healthcare pharmacy on patients, physicians, pharmacists and facilities; and
- Improvements that are needed for this program to accomplish its goals.
Your paper should meet the following structural requirements:
- The paper should be 4-6 pages in length, not including the cover sheet and reference page.
- Formatted according to APA and Saudi Electronic University writing standards.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two must be external. The Saudi Digital Library is a good place to find these references.
You are strongly encouraged to submit all assignments to the Turnitin Originality Check prior to submitting them to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment to the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check Student Guide.