MAT243 Essay Summary Report of Python Script Data
I’m trying to learn for my Statistics class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Hi! I already completed the python portion, but a summary paper is needed based on the data the python scripts spit out. Below is information on the summary needed. Attached is rubric, summary report template (Must be in APA) and python data.
In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competency:
- Perform hypothesis testing to address an authentic problem
You are a data analyst for a basketball team. You have found a large set of historical data, and are working to analyze and find patterns in the data set. The coach of the team and your management have requested that you perform several hypothesis tests to find the statistical significance of the claims that are being made about your team. This analysis will provide evidence to validate critical claims and get statistically valid findings that will help make key decisions to make the team better in upcoming seasons. You will use the Python programming language to perform statistical analysis and will also need to present a report of your findings to the team’s management. Since the managers are not data analysts, you will need to interpret your findings and describe their practical implications. The managers will use your report to find areas where the team can improve its performance.
Note: This data set has been “cleaned” for the purposes of this assignment.
FiveThirtyEight. (April 26, 2019). FiveThirtyEight NBA Elo dataset. Kaggle. Retrieved from https://www.kaggle.com/fivethirtyeight/fivethirtye…
Summary Report: Once you have completed all the steps in your Python script, you will create a summary report to present your findings. Use the provided template to create your report. You must complete each of the following sections:
- Introduction: Set the context for your scenario and the analyses you will be performing.
- Hypothesis tests for the population mean: Discuss all steps of the hypothesis tests and interpret your results.
- Hypothesis test for the population proportion: Discuss all steps of the hypothesis test and interpret your results.
- Hypothesis test for the difference between two population means: Discuss all steps of the hypothesis test and interpret your results.
- Conclusion: Summarize your findings and explain their practical implications.