I don’t know how to handle this Political Science question and need guidance.
Project: The Role of Leadership
One of the obstacles to defining the role of a leader is the difficulty in defining what leadership entails. Think about the role of leadership in the criminal-justice system and answer the following questions in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document:
- How can you differentiate between the role of a leader and a manager in the criminal justice system with reference to the following:
- Operational functions of the organization, such as budget planning, recruitment and hiring, infrastructure maintenance, and performance reviews
- Relationship with subordinates in the organization
- Are there any overlaps between effective leadership and effective management roles in the criminal-justice system?
- Does being an effective leader in the criminal justice system conflict with being an effective manager?
- Are leadership responsibilities tied to official job descriptions in criminal justice or could a criminal justice agent of any position be a leader? Why?
- How do the different ways of interpreting and defining a leader’s role influence effective leadership? Explain with reference to the various definitions of leadership as a specialized role and a shared influence process.