Recently, patient satisfaction scores are declining
Assignment: In this Assignment, you will write a scholarly paper on the following:
Recently, patient satisfaction scores are declining. Nurse communication has shown to be a significant factor. Patients are stating that they are not sure of what their treatments are or what care they should be receiving. The decision was made to move to bedside/intentional rounding. As the nurse manager, you have been tasked to develop a plan that adheres to the organizations. Mission, values and vision.Directions
If you are working obtain your organizations mission, value, and vision statement. If you are not working research a health care facilities mission, value and vision statement. You will need this to complete the assignment.
Identify a change model and work through the steps of the model to achieve implementation of bedside reporting. Be sure to include:
1. Who are the key stakeholders?
2. Ethical issues to be considered.
3. What resistance do you need to aIDress?
4. How is the patient involved?
5. What specific benchmarks does this improve?
6. Develop a detailed plan of implementation using the organizations mission, vision and values. Give examples to show the plans relevance to the mission, vision, and value statements.
7. Discuss how you would adapt this plan for a diverse population.
8. What kind of improvements would you be looking for in this model of care?
Read the following:
Background on healthcare consumers assessment of healthcare providers and systems (HCAPHS). (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.hcahpsonline.org/home.aspx
HCAHPS: Patients perspectives of care survey. (2014). Retrieved fromhttps://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-instruments/HospitalQualityInits/HospitalHCAHPS.html
Improvement capability. (2016). Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Retrieved fromhttp://www.ihi.org/Topics/ImprovementCapability/Pages/GettingStarted.aspx
Person and family Centered care. (2016). Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Retrieved from http://www.ihi.org/Topics/PFCC/Pages/default.aspx
Patient safety. (2016). Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Retrieved fromhttp://www.ihi.org/Topics/PatientSafety/Pages/default.aspx
Quality, cost, and value. (2016). Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Retrieved fromhttp://www.ihi.org/topics/qualitycostvalue/pages/default.aspx
Triple aim for populations. (2016). Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Retrieved fromhttp://www.ihi.org/Topics/TripleAim/Pages/default.aspx