TASK: Select a vitamin or mineral and address the associated question(s). To that end, be sure to label your subject heading with the selected vitamin/mineral.Imagine you are attending your yearly
TASK: Select a vitamin or mineral and address the associated question(s). To that end, be sure to label your subject heading with the selected vitamin/mineral.
Imagine you are attending your yearly health risk assessment. When you came to the appointment, you thought you had a proper diet and were of average health. It turns out, the doctor that examines you has a special interest in nutrition. She notices some inconsistencies with what you discuss with her and suggests that you may have a deficiency or toxicity of your selected vitamin or mineral. Your post should include the following information:
- Based upon the vitamin or mineral that you have chosen, what were your doctor’s observations and diagnosis?
- Do you have a toxicity or deficiency? Explain any disorders associated with the deficiency or toxicity.
- Briefly describe what your recommended daily allowance based upon your profile (sex, age, physical status, etc.) should be, your present intake estimate, and your action plan (adjustment in diet, etc.).
- If left untreated, what might be some of the more serious long term and detrimental effects this might have on your body?
- Which special populations (pregnant women, children, etc.) are most affected and why?
- What other prevention, treatment, and safety measures might be beneficial to regulate your health?
An Introduction to Nutrition(Attached)-Primary Reference
Focus on Sections:9.3: p. 457-47210.2-10.5: p. 516-551
NOTE: Responses should be based on attached reading and posted references and should include one quote and reference citation from the attached reading. Other references are welcomed. Please list ALL references used and use APA format.