Write a 1,000-1,250-word reflection essay on how to effectively utilize research in order to guide decision-making processes in the counseling profession
I need an explanation for this Psychology question to help me study.
250-350 words, 1 resource each
1. Describe and discuss the differences among qualitative and quantitative research reports. What is the purpose of qualitative research as this relates to how you will approach report writing for your study? Provide at least two scholarly references to justify your responses
2. You are conducting a research study on the long-term effects of functional family therapy on promoting gang-affiliation resistance within a group of Mexican-American families with adolescents. Describe the variables being explored within this study; discuss the process by which you would ensure culturally relevant and ethical report writing will be achieved by you in considering reporting of significant and nonsignificant data results, summary, and conclusions.
As a counselor, you will be making decisions on how to select evidence-based treatments. In your essay, demonstrate the decision-making process that you will use to choose one evidence-based treatment over another. Write a 1,000-1,250-word reflection essay on how to effectively utilize research in order to guide decision-making processes in the counseling profession. Include the following in your essay:
- A discussion about how qualitative and quantitative research reports guide the decision-making process.
- A discussion about the key characteristics of effective writing and publication in counseling and psychological research. How do these characteristics guide the decision-making processes?
- Select a diagnosis and include an example of how research could assist in treatment.
- Include a minimum of three scholarly resources in addition to the course textbook.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guid