Risk management is emergency management that can’t always be predicted in advance, but that will cause severe repercussions if they arise.
Summary of Risk Management Plan
Risk management is emergency management that can’t always be predicted in advance, but that will cause severe repercussions if they arise. The operating room of any type, like pediatric, is a crucial area of every hospital, as well as any negligence on the part of pediatric operating room employees, which can put a patient’s life in danger. Employees possible mistakes might be made in the operating room include the inability to move patients properly, faulty detection of a surgical site, poor intraoperative handling of surgical instruments, wrong blood transfusion, incorrect operation position of the patient, insufficient anti-infective procedures, inadequate record-keeping of surgical records and inappropriate use of surgical tools like a microtome. Because of these risk factors, it’s very significant to make a stronger employee management by risk management plan in the pediatric operating room to analyze as well as deal with possible risks, and set mechanisms for prevention as well as resolution of risk (Guo, 2015, p. 348).
Moreover, we make this risk management program for employees in the pediatric operating room because of presenting risks, which might result in patient health or life. In addition, hospitals are the healthcare organization that we apply this risk management plan. The risk management role in the hospital setting is very crucial and involves the six-step plan
- Identification of situations in hospitals that might produce an instance that would cause financial or patient life loss.
- Incident reports evaluation for a minimum of six months, then comparing accessible data on incidents in any other hospital to be capable of identifying those hospital situations that are probable to produce an incident.
- Elimination of unnecessarily critical processes that performed on the premises, purchase, and sale of equipment, which can result in liability suits of the product but for employees need to evaluate the operating room equipment’s risk.
- The Hospital or employees, therefore, can feel comfortable in establishing an internally operated and funded insurance mechanism for patients also who suffer due to some incidents in the operating room by reducing the risk.
- Insurance coverage by the best choice among the captive, self-insurance, and commercial by itself or in a mixture to meet the Hospital and its employee’s or patients’ needs cost-effectively and most reliably (Ghatala, 2012, p. 418).
Risk Management Program Administrative process or steps