Choose from one of the three trauma topics listed below and prepare a presentation related to trauma and clinical practice. The presentation should be 10-15 slides in length. You are not required to complete a voice over for this presentation.
- What is the impact of different restraints in relation to trauma? (physical or pharmacological)
- What is the relationship between trauma and homelessness (and other social determinants of health)?
- What is the correlation between trauma and substance abuse?
Your Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and;
- use APA formatting and citation style.
n your presentation cover the following information:
- Title Slide
- What is the definition of trauma?
- Who is vulnerable to trauma?
- How can trauma be experienced on the intergenerational level and over the individual and family lifespan?
- Pathophysiology of Trauma
- How do social determinants of health correlate to the effects of trauma?
- S/Sx of Trauma
- What is the difference between trauma therapy and trauma-informed care?
- What is a trigger and how would you recognize that someone is experiencing trauma-related distress?
- How might a person with a history of trauma have behavior that could be interpreted as “noncompliance” or non-adherence?
- Special trauma topic: one from the 3 choices listed above.