Watch the videos listed below and answer the questions that follow:
Adolescents & Addiction:
Adolescent Drug Addiction
The Science of Relapse
Brain imaging on drugs
Please answer the following questions and indicate what videos helped you answer the question.
- Discuss three things new to you or that stood out to you from watching the videos.
- Identify at least two biases you may have regarding persons with a substance use disorder and how this may affect your work/treatment. (Note if your preferences changed after reviewing this week’s material).
- How vital is substance/addiction education for your PMHNP/future career?
- What is one specific thing that you can do to increase your knowledge of substance use disorders?
- Find one online video that discusses the effects of drugs on the brain. Choose one type of drug (i.e. stimulants) and briefly describe how it affects the brain.