Please provide a speak over PowerPoint presentation on the utilization of one of the following nonpharmacological psychotherapy approach for the diagnosis and treatment of a behavioral disorder of your choice based on the reading of the course material.
Nonpharmacological Psychotherapy Options
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy & Complex Trauma
Please include the following slides in your presentation (you can use the sample provided)
- Title slide
- Intro slide
- Case scenario summary slide (patient name, diagnosis, background)
- Mental status assessment slide (perception, thought process, content of thought, judgment, insight, cognition)
- Selected therapy slide (Please include a description and the goals of the therapy of your choice)
- Selected therapy slide (Why did you select this therapy for your specific case study? )
- Expected outcomes (Include the outcomes that you expect your patient to accomplish)
- Conclusion slide
- Reference slide
**Please upload your presentation in the Microsoft Office One Drive and share the link in Moodle. (See Moodle link sharing document).
*** You can use any tool to record your voice over the Powerpoint. In case you need you can see the tutorial provided for speak over presentation in Moodle with Screenpal (free tool) (https://screenpal.com/screen-recorder)
by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Include three scholarly sources references.
Course Outcomes Relates to the Assignment
- Translate major theories from nursing and other disciplines to psychiatric practice.
- Integrate foundational and advanced specialty knowledge into clinical reasoning.
- Recognized the dynamic nature of advanced practice psychiatry nursing.
- Identify the tenets, benefits, and phases of group therapy.
- Understand the evolution and the assumption of family therapy.
- Understand the role of the psychiatric mental health advanced nurse practitioner as it relates with the scope of psychopathology.
- Defining the semiology, diagnostic, and treatment of behavioral and mental disorders.
- Understand, comparing various personality disorders, chronic and acute psychiatric decompensation presentations.
- Use of nonpharmacological interventions in the process of differential diagnosis and disease management.