Similarities & Differences
1. Using your group abstract and PowerPoint, share how this research could change your nursing practice.
· What steps were used in the decision-making process?
· What evidence was considered for decision-making?
· What research did you reference and present throughout the decision-making process to support the proposed change?
· Is this change you could make in your current facility?
2. Do a search on the internet for conferences requesting poster board abstracts.
· List one or two opportunities that you found to submit your abstract.
· Would you feel comfortable submitting your project with your group? Why or why not?
· Discussion Submission Instructions:
· The assignment must be fully completed for grading. You must have your original post and two responses to your peers. Discussions not including your original post and two responses will NOT be graded.
· Your initial post must be at least 500 words, formatted, and cited in the current APA style with support from at least two academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
· You must respond to at least two of your peers by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts and supporting your opinion with a reference. Response posts must be at least 150 words. Your response (reply) posts are worth 2 points (1 point per response). Your post will include a salutation, a response (150 words), and a reference.
· Quotes “…” cannot be used at a higher learning level for your assignments, so sentences need to be paraphrased and referenced.
· Acceptable references include scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions), journal articles, and books published in the last five years—no websites or videos are to be referenced without prior approval. Discussions using websites as references will receive an automatic 0.
· All submitted work must be the student’s original work which has never been presented before for grading in another class. Faculty can access tools that detect work generated using artificial intelligence (AI). Submitting AI-generated work and not crediting the source for any assignment is considered academic dishonesty and will be subject to penalty.
· Discussions must be posted in CANVAS to be graded. Uploaded documents will not be accepted.
· Discussion and responses must be posted in APA format for Canvas to receive full grades—automatic deduction of 10% if not completed.
· Please post your initial response by 11:59 PM ET Thursday, and comment on two posts by 11:59 PM ET Sunday.
· You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.