ASSIGNMENT: Each classmate will interview individuals directly involved in the education of students with disabilities in a K-12 or community-based setting. Potential interview subjects may include parents, teachers, individuals with disabilities, or community-based health or social service providers, related services, adminstrators, directors, or para pros. Class participants will submit a written summary and analysis of each interview.
There are five questions that must be answered, and you must provide a thorough explanation for each one. Be creative and detailed!
1. What do you like about teaching?
2. Why did you choose to work with children with disabilities?
3. What are some ways that you get parents involved in your classroom?
4. What are your thoughts on co-teaching or team teaching?
5. How do you handle conflict with another teacher when co-teaching or co-planning?